An exciting position within our UK division has become available, Tierneys are looking to recruit a Business Development Manager. Previous experience in Consultative Sales & Account Management, the Technology sector and/or within Hospitality are all desirable. Our current & prospective client base are predominantly companies in all areas of the Hospitality sector. The successful applicant will be based in the UK, will work from home and will be required to travel throughout all areas of the UK, to meet the business needs. An attractive package will be rewarded to the most suitable candidate.
This job entails building our market position, in the UK, by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships, with new and potential customers. The role also includes the account management of existing UK customers and others that we will add to our client portfolio. The individual tasks include some or all of the following:
1. Promote and sell Tierney’s IT contract services, hardware & software products, point of sales and other hospitality solutions to existing and prospective customers
2. Develop annual UK Sales Business plan with other senior management and company directors
3. Research, identify and target prospective customers for products or services.
4. Confer with customers and engineers, to assess and determine equipment and system needs and requirements, organising and/or carrying out site surveys and attending customer fact-finding meetings.
5. Prepare and deliver technical presentations and product demonstrations, that explain products or services to existing and prospective customers.
6. Develop, present, or respond to requests for specific customer requirements, liaising with technical sales support and other departments to provide industry or customer specific solutions.
7. Plan and modify product configurations to meet customer needs within Tierney’s or with third party manufacturers or vendors.
8. Create sales quotations and service contracts for products and services.
9. Collaborate with other sales team members to better understand and deliver customers’requirements, liaise with installation team members, during system deployment and to successfully on-board new customers within the sales support team.
10. Visit existing and prospective customers at commercial, or other establishments to show new product samples or catalogues, and to inform them about product pricing, availability, and advantages.
11. Recommend improved or upgraded materials, systems and machinery to customers, documenting better business efficiencies and ROI.
12. Develop sales plans to introduce products in new markets.
13. Document account activities, generate reports, and keep records of business transactions with customers and suppliers, in the company CRM system
14. Manage, train and coach team members in the sales process and with their prospective and existing customers
15. Attend trade shows and seminars to promote products or to learn about industry developments.
16. Keep informed on industry news and trends, products, services, competitors, relevant information about legacy, existing, and emerging technologies, and the latest product-line developments.
17. Attend company training seminars regarding company products, systems and processes
18. Prepare for and attend, locally or remotely, company sales and management meeting
For a full detailed Job Description or to send Application CV and references please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Agencies Need Not Apply.